We are looking for a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer (E3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Telecom network standards and protocols
- SATCOM system and networks from Layer 2 and above
- Link layer computer simulations
- Telecom networking security
General tasks to be performed:
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA R&D.
- Activities and contracts technical follow-up.
- Specific engineering support to space projects developed by ESA and/or by major European industries/operators.
- Validation of designs by means of analyses, simulations, laboratory testing and field trials (possibly in co-operation with third parties).
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for technological projects.
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Experience in Telecom Networking and SATCOM systems
- University degree (Master) or equivalent qualification in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering.
- Very solid background in Internet, secure IP and applications/networking technologies.
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems and networks from layer 2 and above together with familiarity with link layer computer simulations is required.
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, programming languages, and security testing and validation tools is considered an asset
- Experience in analysis and design of modern digital communication systems, coding and synchronization issues.
- Familiarity with modern communication system and sub-system simulation techniques, as a minimum Matlab and C/C++ program languages.
- Knowledge of modern prototyping and testing methodologies for digital communication sub-systems is also preferred.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14/11/2019