Expertise: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Automation and Piping
Country: The Netherlands
The Modis Engineering Center of Excellence in Rotterdam has been a leading expert in the design, calculation and drawing of buildings, utilities, building related electrotechnical and mechanical installations, industrial automation, and mechanical engineering and control, for over twenty years.
Our seventy specialists can work on-site at on the request of our clients and partners, or at our own engineering facility in Rotterdam. We provide 25 workspaces on this location, and work with our own proprietary hard- and software, projectmanagement methods and systems.
Within the Industrial department (Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Automation and Piping), our center is specialized in the development of constructions, machines, and machine controls.We get involved at all stages of the project, from taking inventory, to building prototypes and and overseeing the FAT/SAT on-site for industries like:
- Food industry
- Product handling and transport
- Off/Onshore installaties
- Water treatment installations
Examples of projects:
- Designing and drawing for biscuit feeding machine lines
- Design and detailengineering of equipment for shipbuilding and offshore
- Product- and production development for the massproduction of gas- and waterline couplings for installation engineering
- Drawing and design for manufacturing equipment of steel rims for the automotive industry
- Design and projectassistance for producthandling and palletising.
- Engineering of production lines for the production of croissants and various other sorts of bread
- Development of product handling and transportsystems of many different uses and surroundings
- Development of packaging lines for products in diverse industries like the automotive and the food industry
We are partners for: specialist engineers, installers, hard- and software companies, the energy sector, water companies, project managers, multinationals, production companies and plants, shipping facilities, assembly plants, handling, SME.
Our construction department consists of Mechanical, Electrical and Construction Engineering. We are experts these fields, as well as in providing professional support in the design, modeling, detailing and execution of multidisciplinary construction projects.
We can provide support in designing, drawing, modeling and preparing building related electrotechnical projects and technical installations. We can also consult on innovating or improving the sustainability of existing installations. From the design to a complete schedule of conditions, including blueprints and overseeing the construction.
We work on many different projects with our enthusiastic engineers. For instance:
- Utility buildings;
- Logistical hubs;
- Luxury mansions;
- Appartement buildings;
- Amusement- and, themeparks.
Electrotechnical engineering and Installation Technology
- Heating- and refigerationtechniques;
- Gas, water, and rainwater draining;
- High, medium, and low voltage;
- Data/ Telecommunication;
- Brandbestrijdingsmiddelen (sprinkler/ haspels);
- Firefighting installations (fire- alarms and evacuation installations)
- (Emergency) Lighting
Examples of projects:
- Detail-engineering and modeling of electrotechnical en mechanical site-bound installations of various skyscrapers that define the Rotterdam skyline
- Renovation of all technical installations (advice, detail-engineering and design), including a reconfiguration of spaces in a psychiatric- and forensic hospital
- Design of technical installations (advice, detail-engineering and design) for service buildings, housing, workspaces and water purification facilities.
- Advice, detail-engineering and modeling work regarding the demolition of buildings and the relocation of central installations andm.b.t. sloop van gebouwen en herplaatsen centrale installaties and schools
- Consultancy and support during the implementation of 3Dwork processes at a mechanical installer
We are partners for: architects, advisers, installers, project managers, multinationals, foremen, SME, hospitals, healthcare facilities, government and quasi-government entities