* Knowledge & Skills
- Administration of WAS, MQ, MQ Broker, Directory server, HTTP Server
- Knowledge of WebSphere and MQ configurations
- Understanding of SSL and knowledge of setting up secure communication between WAS and MQ components
- Strong understanding of High Availability concept and architecture.
- Automation of middleware processes such as start/stop, monitoring, automated deployments of applications
- Strong organizational, documentation skills and desire for continuous process improvements.
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- Application Production support experience is highly desired
- Must have strong interpersonal, planning, facilitation, negotiating, and organizational skills.
- Able to identify risk and issues and recommend appropriate mitigation plans.
- Can deal with changing priorities and meet tight timelines. Can work under pressure, manage competing priorities and work independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work under pressure in a team for production support and respond effectively and efficiently to customers. Resource should be able to work in a fast passed environment and be able to handle critical time bound issues and have the ability to work and respond within a defined SLA.
- Perform Middleware installation, configuration and maintenance
- Support system integration testing, user acceptance testing and performance testing
- Provide support in regular application deployments and implementations
- Handle Incident tickets and Service requests as assigned
- Participate in RCA conference bridges and brainstorming sessions to address critical business issues
- Perform middleware upgrades and software patch installation in non production environment and prepare upgrade plans for production
- Setup new development and testing environments as well as perform maintenance of existing environments
- Prepare technical documentation including build books and implementation procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned or required including 24/7 on-call pager support
- Construct automated scripts to start/stop WebSphere Application Server, MQ, MQ Broker instances in various development and testing environments
- Construct automated scripts for deployment of WAS applications and MQ Broker archives
- Work with external vendors and internal groups to analyze system capacity and address resources issues as they arise