As the first point of contact you will provide the technical support required to support the users across multiple locations across Europe. Only applicants who can communicate in English, Dutch and German will be considered.
Whilst providing the highest level of support you will answer incoming calls, track all information in a service management system, use the knowledge base along with their expertise to resolve service requests and level 1, 2 & 3 depending on your current level of experience. You will resolve Incidents as quickly as possible to guarantee a business continuity. Troubleshooting basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and telecommunications systems providing the level of desktop support required.
Modis IT are recruiting for Level 2 Service Desk Support Professionals to support the internal workforce of one of our clients located in Amsterdam. If you are able to converse in both English and German then it could be a good opportunity for you.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serve as the single point of contact within the Operating Companies and subsidiaries for ICT related issues, develop a thorough understanding of the end user.
- Dealing with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the Service desk
- Take ownership and responsibility of any issues from start through to a successful resolution and pro-actively deliver ideas and plans to improve customer service
- Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately log all Service Desk tickets
- Dealing with queries by following our clients’ IT knowledge articles and procedures
- Work with Field Services, 1st, 2nd or 3rd level resolution groups to ensure tasks and incidents are resolved as soon as possible and inform the customer on actions taken
- Develop technical knowledge of each system within the agreed services scope. Inform the Knowledge Manager in the event of missing knowledge in the Knowledge base
- Maintain and consistently demonstrate general understanding of the various companies and employees, to properly prioritize the incoming workload.
- ITIL Foundation certificate or good knowledge is favourable – you must understand Incident, Service Request, Change & Problem Management
- Must possess technical knowledge of each system within company profile and application software used to provide a high level of support, e.g. Windows Operating Systems (7 &10), Mobile Devices (Windows, ioS, Android), Active Directory, MCSA is an advantage
- Should possess basic knowledge of access management systems such (e.g. WSUS, SCCM)
- Basic knowledge of network monitoring tools required (e.g. PRTG)
- Basic knowledge of Antivirus & Encryption Management solutions
- Broad skills regarding monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service to user’s devices
- Analytical and troubleshooting way of thinking
- Willing to learn and develop your skills further
- Proven experience of working in an international corporate environment
- Educated to degree level or relevant working experience
- English - fluent
- German - fluent