Our client manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for medicines. Safety and reliability always take highest priority. Many of these raw materials are technological innovative feats that require complex manufacturing processes. Their facilities produce some 100 different active ingredients.
At this moment we are looking for a Engineering Project Manager.
The position is open at their department Technical Affairs, the Project Engineering Department (21-23 fte) is responsible for the realization of medium and large scale capital projects. This includes project management, process engineering and coordination of external architect and engineering firms. Within the organization, the Project Engineering Department operates in close vicinity to the production plants to support their capital project needs, to provide consultancy services related to technology as well as GMP and SHE compliance, and for trouble shooting assistance.
As an Engineering Project Manager you manage scoping, definition, design and execution of small-medium scale capital projects for our client.
- Responsible for the development of project execution plans for capital investments in their facilities. These facilities are factories and equipment were the production is running on a max level,
- Verification that project scope is an effective business solution, design management, development and implementation of suitable procurement strategies, project cost budgeting and control, schedule development and control, change management, risk management, construction management, communication and reporting, commissioning, qualification, contract management and project close-out,
- Manage the development of project scope, front-end planning and the conceptual design of facility and equipment projects,
- Collaborates with external architect and engineering parties, contractors, suppliers and other team members in the execution of the work Proper use of technical know-how of Pharmaceutical / API Manufacturing Facilities and Aspen Engineering Standards,
- Acts as a consultant to select the most suitable project approach and for setting up a multidisciplinary project team,
- The project manager is expected to develop and maintain technical knowledge.
- Completed university/HBO education in relevant engineering discipline,
- At least 3 years of experience as an engineering project manager in a (bio) pharmaceutical, fine chemical or food company,
- At least 3 years of experience in small- medium functional projects,
- Good analytical skills,
- GMP knowledge is a plus,
- Up to date knowledge of developments in project management and delivery,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Team player, team builder,
- Exhibiting sound leadership,
- Persuasiveness based on expertise and “science based” arguments,
- Flexible in terms of assignment locations,
- Dutch and English communication skills (verbally and written),
- Hands-on mentality with strong drive to results,
- Not afraid of actively supporting in e.g. construction management tasks if project success requires this,
- Person that gets energy from inclusion actively involving and motivating colleagues to contribute to the projects.