We are looking for a Documentalist (M2) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Collecting documents from the Spacecraft Industrial Consortium, PLATO Mission Consortium, Ground Segment, Technical Officers. ESA Project team and in-house experts
- Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of reproduction services as needed
- Handling confidential and export controlled information (e.g. ITAR) and access rights of users with respect to these deliverables
- Provide assistance in documentation handling to the partners of the PLATO Mission Consortium and support users in retrieving documents from sources like Eclipse, FTPs…
- Build up and maintenance of the Project document registration/filing system, acting as a point of contact for all the Project interfaces for documentation/administrative tools (e.g. Eclipse and other Eclipse modules)
- Create all review platforms in Eclipse (e.g. PDRs, CDRs…) for space and ground segments, controlling ESA and contractor access
- Coordinate the setup of various internal and external file exchanging platforms (e.g. FTP)
- Support the PA manager in the handling of RfDs, RfWs, NCRs in Eclipse and providing access rights
- Support the processing of DCRs, DCNs, CCNs keeping track of them and providing overviews
- Support enhancements of the document management system and concepts, and future improvements
- Provision of various logistic and administrative support to the Project, e.g. shared calendar, information platforms, meetings organisation, visitors registration, missions management.
- Manage project manager's calendar
- Preparation of memo’s and letters in support to the Project
General tasks to be performed:
The task covers the operations, maintenance and evolutions of the Documentation Management System (DMS), including processes, processes and the use of supporting electronic documentation management tool, for a given project/programme or organisational unit. It includes the following typical duties:
- Regular review of the status of documents in the different archives and where appropriate register this information in the DMS database.
- Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of reproduction services.
- Process configuration controlled document changes and of official papers relevant to the activities of the unit.
- Supporting users for retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry, out of paper archives, other sources like ESTEC library, scanned documents on CD-ROM or via Internet, etc.
- Provision of paper copies of electronic documents on request, creation of electronic versions of documents.
- Management of original files.
- Related support to project reviews.
- Support to enhancements of the document management concepts and of future improvements.
Interviews for are scheduled to take place on Tuesday 21st of January 2020.
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with typically 4 years of relevant experience
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated sound experience with the Eclipse documentation management system, the setup of project reviews and the set up of the documentation exchange system between multiple entities (ESA, industry, scientific institutions…)
- The candidate shall have experience in the implementation phases of a mission; experience in a Scientific mission is a definite asset
- Some experience in the administration and documentation management matters for launch campaign would be an asset
- The candidate shall some experience in handling confidential and export controlled documentation;
- The candidate shall have also experience in the support of the logistics and administration of a Space Project
- Proficiency in MS Office packages
- The candidate shall be highly organised, with attention to details and be able to efficiently work under pressure and stringent schedule
- The candidate shall demonstrate excellent communication skills, have customer focus and be a strong team player
- Proficiency in the Dutch languages is a requirement
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 26/03/2020