Senior Business Analyst
Ideal Start: ASAP
Contract Term: 4 months
Work Location: Calgary, Alberta
Description of work:
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst.
Reporting to the Delivery Lead, as an ideal candidate you will have experience consulting with multi-disciplinary stakeholders to solicit business and technical requirements, coordinate projects, facilitate workshops, and support change management initiatives. This opportunity will appeal to an individual who enjoys working in a team environment and who demonstrates effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills, is patient and adaptable in a dynamic environment, able to articulate technical problems and issues across a broad stakeholder base.
The Senior Business Analyst will utilize best practices to support the development of a business case and coordinate project management and execution activities through to a transition to operations. Success in this role will require documenting business requirements for multiple business areas, understanding the importance of the requirements, and balancing end user expectations
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders to analyze business and technical requirements using various methods (interviews, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits; develop business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis);
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and align user requests with strategic business priorities;
- Develop evaluation criteria for project success and requirement specifications;
- Translate business needs into IT applications within operational capabilities;
- Serve as the conduit between the stakeholder community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow, liasing between the business units, technology teams and support teams;
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs;
- Manage and execute required stakeholder and business client engagement across project deliverables to support project plan and scope outline;
- Manage test plans and business user acceptance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group: executives, managers, and subject matter experts;
Technical IT & Hardware Skills relating to the following would be an asset:
- High Powered Computing(HPC)/Virtual Desktop Infrastructure(VDI)
- Microsoft Surface Hub/Smartboards and other Collaboration technologies
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business and/or Computer Science
- Formal Business Analyst training
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Modis will only present your resume to client’s when your explicit permission is obtained.
Modis maintains a general inbox for all IT candidates. If you are interested in being considered for other roles in the Calgary and/or Edmonton markets, please forward your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."