Data Conversion Technical Lead
Ideal Start Date: As soon as possible
Length: 4 months with likelihood of extension
Work Location: Calgary
The Technical Lead will play a leadership technology role within the project team working closely with business and architecture teams. The Technical Lead will create and provide guidance for the design and implementation of data conversions and data integration processes while developing solution for compliance and departmental reporting.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Take on technical leadership role on project driven by the Architecture team. These are efforts to develop new patterns related to technical constrains required to assist cross-team efforts to prepare data for single cloud platform.
- Proficient in developing and implementing data conversion techniques, data integration methodologies and reporting solutions in multi entity corporate environment
- Collaborate with project teams and vendor to understand business and technology requirements to provide alignment with project goals
- Identify appropriate technical methods for efficient multi source data conversions and create supporting plans
- Work with the business and technology teams to design data migration methods and plans to cloud based platform for their existing application and paper - based system, and correctly design new load procedures for the cloud. Participate in their planning and design processes.
- Define and document application development principles, standards, and best practices.
- Develop mid and low-level estimates in support of project development tasks
- Promote technology methods such as technical design patterns and validation methodologies required to ensure data correctness and data mapping
- Evaluate current technologies available to achieve project goals and work with architectural roadmap for optimal application of technology to meet business needs
- Provide technical thought leadership and develop business optimized reporting best practice solutions while developing testing and training plans
- Communicate clearly, strongly and effectively to small and large groups of business and technology teams
- Share data conversion, data integration and report design knowledge with project teams
- Mentor technical resources in project and testing teams.
- Proficient as a trusted technical advisor with key project stakeholders
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Modis will only present your resume to client’s when your explicit permission is obtained.
Modis maintains a general inbox for all IT candidates. If you are interested in being considered for other roles in the Calgary and/or Edmonton markets, please forward your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."