Our client in Chicago, IL is currently seeking a Citrix Systems Engineer to ensure the stable operation, reliability, security and planned future of the assigned computer systems and the support of all the services on the assigned systems. The Citrix Systems Engineer will be required to have working technical knowledge of Citrix, Xenserver hypervisor and related virtualization technology, network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Windows/2008 R2, Windows 2012, Windows/7, Linux. This position is a Contract-to-hire opportunity!
Responsibilities of this Citrix Systems Engineer
- Technical contributor with superior knowledge and experience in the area of the assigned systems, communications interfaces, and related hardware/software.
- Maintains technical expertise and may have certifications in selected vendor products. Works closely with architecture teams to deploy and operate system designs.
- Will perform security procedures and recommend policies to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal polices.
- This role is knowledgeable, at a senior level, in a multi-platform-operating environment. The person will also, from time to time, analyze and resolve end user software program and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Diagnose and resolve system problems.
- Provide on-call technical support.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases for the system infrastructure to maintain service levels.
- Ensure environment is secure and appropriate recovery and redundancy issues are addressed.
- Review and study assigned vendor software and hardware products to determine those that meet Global needs.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts in conjunction with architecture team to ensure continuity of services.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to outsourced vendors, junior members of the team, or other third party contractors involved with the management or provisioning of network resources.
- Monitor, test performance, provide statistics and reports to proactively identify potential problems and bottlenecks.
Minimum Requirements for this Citrix Systems Engineer
- Working technical knowledge of Citrix, Xenserver hypervisor and related virtualization technology, network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Windows/2008 R2, Windows 2012, Windows/7, Linux
- Support experience with Citrix Xenapp 6.5 or higher Citrix Netscaler 10.x or higher, Citrix Xendesktop 6 or higher, and App-V.
- Advanced working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, and Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of local area network administration.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable PCI, SOX, and data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to conduct research into software or hardware issues and products as required.
- Experience and/or certifications in Citrix and other appropriate technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2008R2 and 2012 Operating Systems is preferred
- Citrix Certified Administrator preferred
- Citrix Xenapp 7.x administration
- Netscaler 10.x or 11.x administration
- Windows Server 2008R2 and Windows Server 201