Our client has the need for a Sr. Experience Designer, a user experience specialist to work with project teams to design and deliver high quality client-centered, effective, consistent and usable interfaces. You will employ user-centered design principles and human factors best practices to design the optimal client experience solution. Typical scope would include supporting large scale, highly complex enterprise projects that can include enterprise public and secure transactional websites for banking, investing and insurance, as well as mobile. Will work as part of a cross-functional project team and may lead other designers.
- Work closely with business analysts, business sponsors, project managers and IT teams to obtain and understand business requirements.
- Manage the design of user interface specifications, by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, taking into account strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints.
- Lead the design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs and documentation.
- Lead usability testing when required, providing expert guidance to the project teams, creating test strategy/plans, test scenarios, screeners and facilitating usability testing as required.
- Create business acceptance test cases and testing for the GUI
- Work with the project managers to ensure that usability deliverables accommodate project timelines, budgets, technical and scope constraints
- Work on several projects at a time and provides regular status reporting to manager on all projects.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient and effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
- Continuously develop self and the team by staying current of industry trends and best practices.
- Act as a user experience advocate and thought leader regarding principles of user experience and user-centered design.
- University degree in Human Factors or usability related discipline. Masters degree in Human Factors or a usability related discipline would be an asset
- Minimum 8+ years related human factors/usability working experience
- Experience with both large and small scale online projects - full project lifecycle
- Experience with financial/investment/insurance applications - would be an asset
- Experience working within a large organization - would be an asset
- Experience with dealing with ambiguity and forming strategic vision - would be an asset
- Expert understanding of user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
- Expert ability in gathering and translating requirements from business sponsors, SMEs, users, and business analysts etc
- Expertise in creating, concepts, and Visio wireframe specifications
- Extensive experience with designing for transactional applications
- Extensive experience applying usability testing techniques and principles
- Extensive experience applying a web design standard
- Expert knowledge of web client technologies (browsers, HTML 5, CSS)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively
- Expert ability to provide creative solutions balancing user, business and technical needs
- Advanced level proficiency in creating PowerPoint and/or HTML 5 prototypes an asset
- Advanced level proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop an asset
- Advanced understanding of accessibility design issues is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in project teams
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Extreme detail orientation and a passion for consistency
- Advanced ability to deal with ambiguity and develop independent ideas and solutions
- Advanced ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using root cause analysis where problems are more complex