AWS Cloud Architect
Our client (with their head office based on Burnaby) is looking for an AWS Cloud Architect. This role is a regular full-time role and the successful incumbent will need to have at least 3 years AWS specific experience as well as 5 years application development experience. This candidate should also have a strong background in API's, complex integration development and architecting n-tier applications with strong communication skills who can lead both technical and non-technical discussions. Key Responsibilities would include:
- Design, implement and maintain all AWS infrastructure and services within a managed service environment.
- Design, Deploy and maintain enterprise class security, network and systems management applications within an AWS environment.
- Design and implement availability, scalability, and performance plans for the AWS managed service environment.
- Continual re-evaluation of existing stack and infrastructure to maintain optimal performance, availability, security and cost optimization.
- Implement process and quality improvements through task automation. Institute infrastructure as code, security automation and automation or routine maintenance tasks.
- Perform data migration from on premises environments into AWS
- Support the business development lifecycle (Business Development, Capture, Solution Architect, Pricing and Proposal Development)
“MUST HAVE” Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience as a technical specialist
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience with AWS (AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, S3, VPC, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), and Amazon Simple Workflow Service (Amazon SWF)
- Strong knowledge of AWS SDK and development experience with one of the programming languages - Java, .Net
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar.
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with revision control source code repositories
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker, AWS EKS, ECS)
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
Additional “LIKE TO HAVE” Skills:
- Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, AWS EKS,AWS ECS etc.)
- Knowledge of data migration practices and technologies
Educational / Certification Minimums:
- AWS Certified Associate level certification required
- AWS Certified Professional level certification preferred
***ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA***
To apply, please send your attached cover letter and resume to:
Mr. Paulo Gomes
Business Development Manager, Vancouver